Friday, January 29, 2010

A "sort of" stir-fry
-

-
The reason I love this recipe is because it doesn't require careful measuring... and it's SO yummy! I actually "discovered" it when I was looking for something quick to fix for supper and happened to have all these ingredients on hand.
-
3-4 cups cooked rice
1 can black beans
1 can chili beans
1 can diced tomatoes (or fresh, diced tomatoes)
cooked, shredded chicken
soy sauce
chili pepper
garlic salt
tortilla chips (optional)
-
Pour a little oil in a large skillet. Heat. Combine rice, beans and tomatoes in pan and stir until heated through. Sprinkle generously with soy sauce, chili pepper and garlic salt. When hot and bubbly, serve on plates or in shallow bowls with tortilla chips or plain.
-

*If you use the amount listed for all these ingredients, it will make a large batch. For my husband and I, this amount is sufficient for a couple of meals. I use only 1/3 to 1/2 the can of beans and tomatoes and about 1/2 the amount of rice listed.

-

No comments: