-
This hot, bubbly dish falls in the category of "comfort food." Delicious, creamy goodness at it's best.8 oz. package rice penne pasta
1/3 cup Smart Balance Light (this contains no dairy)
1/4 rice flour
1/3 cup chopped onion or 1 tsp. dehydrated onion
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 3/4 cup gluten free chicken broth
2/3 cup soy, rice or almond milk
1 to 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
2 cups frozen vegetables of choice (whatever you prefer - I just get mixed veggies)
-Cook rice pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat butter substitute in a saucepan over low heat, until melted. Blend in flour, onion, salt & pepper. Cook and stir until mixture is smooth & bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in broth and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. When thickened, turn off heat and stir in chicken and frozen veggies. Fold in cooked pasta. Pour into greased 8x8 baking dish. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour... or until very hot and bubbly.
-
*Makes great leftovers. Personally, I liked it even better the second day.
-
**I crushed some Corn Chex cereal and tossed it with spices for the top, but did not prefer the taste it created. I plan to try something else next time to put some "crispyness" on top, without using any wheat or dairy.
-

No comments:
Post a Comment